Remote with office available Full-time,
Apply using the form below, or sending an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to help support our internal services team. This role will report to Finance.
- Process payroll for salaried and hourly exempt and non-exempt US employees through ADP Workforce Now
- Process manual payroll checks, direct deposit related transactions, check cancellations, check reissues
- Follow up with appropriate parties regarding late timesheet reporting
- Ensure time off accruals and use are properly recorded
- Partner with HR for compensation adjustments, benefit deductions OR QLE changes, severance agreements, etc.
- Maintain payroll processes by creating and updating policies and procedures
- Analyze, investigate, troubleshoot and resolve payroll data errors; inspect system output and standard reports
- Comply with federal, multi-state and local payroll tax requirements and resolve any related issues in a timely manner
- Provide outstanding customer service to a diverse and remote workforce
- Prepare accounting entries to record payroll activity in the general ledger
- Reconcile payroll general ledger accounts including staff benefit deductions
- Respond to payroll requests related to annual financials and 401k audits
- Employment and mortgage verification
- Reconciliation of payroll general ledger accounts
- 3-5 years U.S. multi-state payroll experience
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred
- Ability to process payroll under tight time constraints
- Working knowledge of Federal and State FMLA, and 401K administration
- Desire to contribute in a team focused, rapidly growing, fast paced environment. Start-up experience preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Excel including use of pivot tables and Vlook-ups required.
- Proficient in payroll processes, procedures and payroll tax compliance
- Ability to identify and recommend process improvements
- Ability to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment required
- Ability to understand and explain complex policies and procedures regarding employment taxes, retirement contributions, miscellaneous employee deductions, etc.
- Competitive salary
- Medical Plan
- English Lessons
- Trainings and Certifications
- Remote with office available
- Relaxed and friendly work environment
- Schedule flexibility with results oriented philosophy