Sr. React/RoR Web Developer
Curridabat, San José Full-time,
Apply using the form below, or sending an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Senior Web Developer needed for expanding our web and mobile platforms. The candidate must have very strong experience developing web applications with Ruby on Rails, React and expert level knowledge of the design elements associated with such. Experience with architecting a framework for back-end systems. Duties will include research, evaluation, development and application of new processes and methods for current and future products. Assignments necessitate advanced knowledge for more complex technical assignments.
The candidate’s core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Performing all aspects of the development tasks, including front-end, back-end, and database development to create and continually enhance enterprise-level web and mobile applications.
- Working with engineering team to integrate web and mobile client, vendors, and review panels to identify recommendations for the appropriate technical, business and human factors solutions.
- Developing and maintaining web-enabled capabilities and custom applications.
- Assist in defining and tracking project requirements and plans.
- Developing and managing content for organization’s web presence.
- Maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- Working with a cross-departmental team, maintaining and developing the master content listing for all web properties.
- Keeping current with emerging web technologies.
Specifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Five years of web development
- Demonstrable code examples with Ruby on Rails backend
- Demonstrable code examples ReactJS frontend development (or equivalent experience with another ‘modern JS framework’)
- Demonstrable experience with Heroku Deployment
- Demonstrable code examples Postgres SQL database
- Demonstrable code examples AWS
- Experience working with Github/Git
- Experience working with Asana or similar management tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of Agile Development process
- Strong knowledge of database and information architecture, with web application integration.
- Skilled in working with groups to build consensus.
- Skilled in effectively serving a divergent customer base.
- Ability to synthesize project information and establish the appropriate scope of a project.
- Solid foundation in web analytics, SEO, and SEM best practices.
- Competitive salary
- Medical Plan
- English Lessons
- No dress code
- Trainings and Certifications
- Remote with office available
- Relaxed and friendly work environment
- Schedule flexibility with results oriented philosophy